Apply Online

Our online permitting system has recently been upgraded and the web address and links on this website have changed to:


Application Process:

Step 1: Determine if your project needs a TRPA permit. Some activities may be considered “Exempt” or Qualified Exempt” and do not require a TRPA permit. For more information, review the Exempt Activity Information Packet and the Qualified Exempt Activity Information Packet.

Step 2: Determine whether your application can be submitted to your local building department or to TRPA. Where should I go to apply for single family dwelling project?

Step 3: Gather information about your parcel. Visit the Parcel Tracker to look up land capability, backshore boundary, IPES score, land coverage, BMP compliance status, allowable uses, local plans, local fire agency, general permit records, etc. If your property does not have an IPES score (vacant lots) or if land capability and land coverage have not been verified, and your project involves changes to coverage, you will first need to apply for a site assessment or IPES Evaluation.

Step 4: Review the application checklist for your project type, applications with the “@” symbol can be applied for online. Fill out and sign the application and signature/authorization page. The application with signature page must be attached online during the submittal process along with all applicable checklist items.

Step 5: Create an account in Accela Citizen Access or log in if you already have an account. Tutorials are available if you need help creating an account or using the Accela Citizen Access portal.

Tutorial: How to Create an Account Citizen Access
Tutorial: How to Create a Project in Citizen Access
Tutorial: How to Attach Documents in Citizen Access

Step 6: Submit your project and pay online. Once received, your project will be assigned to TRPA staff for review. You will be contacted within 30 days if additional information is needed to process your application.

Once you have completed steps 1 through 6:

If you have questions or need further assistance, please call the TRPA Current Planning Department at 775-588-4547.