Sustainable Transportation Funding Initiative
For decades, Tahoe’s transportation system improvements have been funded largely by competitive discretionary grants and limited fixed funds. More recently, grant sources and even fixed funds for transportation are becoming more competitive, less reliable, and are on the decline.
The two boards of the Tahoe Transportation District and TRPA including local, state and environmental advocates are now engaged in a sustainable, regional transportation funding initiative with growing consensus around enhancing funding to deliver Lake Tahoe’s Transportation vision.
The finance plan in the 2020 Regional Transportation Plan is the starting point to understand the revenues needed to fill transportation program funding gaps to implement the priorities of the RTP. The outcome will be a collaboratively developed and widely supported Sustainable Transportation Revenue Proposal by August 2021 to both Nevada and California legislatures as well as the federal government that can accelerate implementation of priority projects and programs of Tahoe’s RTP.
- Revenue Options Briefing Book – 11/30/21 Public Draft
- Revenue Options Report – 11/30/21 Public Draft
- One Tahoe Polling Results; source Cromer Group
- Background Data:
- Tahoe Trip Type and Origin – who is traveling to Tahoe and through which entry points; source TRPA Travel Demand Model
- Current Annual Funding – local transportation sources; source TRPA 2020 Linking Tahoe
- Policy Priority Survey – Regional Funding /& Governing & Administration results; source TTD and TRPA Board Members
For questions, please contact Michelle Glickert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775.589.5204