Stateline, NV – The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) has expanded its virtual services to the furthest extent possible to help keep its team and customers safe during the COVID-19 crisis, the agency said today. Agency employees have been working around the clock to move permitting, planning, and document request services online since stay-at-home orders went into effect.
Now permit applications, site inspection requests, documents requests, and stamping of approved plans can be completed digitally. While only some construction activities can continue under shelter-in-place orders, property owners and permitting consultants continue to prepare for the construction season. As these services relate to a sliver of economic stability in an uncertain time, the agency is striving to keep projects moving forward.
“The nation and the Tahoe Region are in uncertain times right now and we are committed to supporting the local economy and keeping essential projects moving forward in a safe manner,” said Joanne S. Marchetta, Executive Director.
How to Use TRPA Online and Electronic Services
- Customers can choose to start with tutorials on how to submit an electronic application at https://www.trpa.gov/apply-online/.
- Access applications at www.trpa.gov/permitting/permit-applications.
- Get approved plans stamped digitally by emailing your planner or email@example.com.
- Use the Parcel Tracker for copies of documents and plans and to access parcel information at LakeTahoeInfo.org.
- Contractors and members of the public with active projects can continue to request an inspections at https://www.trpa.gov/applications-forms/inspections-and-securities/. The agency asks everyone to follow social distancing orders during inspections to protect the health of inspectors.
Although TRPA customer service counters on south and north shores remain temporarily closed, a drop-off box is now available from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the vestibule at TRPA offices at 128 Market Street in Stateline, Nevada. To schedule a telephone consultation for a project or for more information, call (775) 588-4547 or email Alex Eidam firstname.lastname@example.org.