The Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) is taking responsible steps to prevent and control the spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19, the Agency announced today. The following steps have been implemented, however further actions may be taken as conditions and official recommendations may change:
- Limiting non-essential meetings.
- Ensuring public comment at meetings can be given remotely.
- Monitoring employee health and sanitation throughout our operation.
- Implementing official recommendations from the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and our local health care providers.
- Ensuring electronic permitting and document request services are running smoothly.
- Using technology to allow staff to work remotely if needed and to collaborate via video conference.
- Remaining prepared for changing recommendations and methods to prevent the spread.
“The steps we are taking are intended to provide the highest level of care for the community, our staff, customers, and partner organizations,” TRPA Executive Director Joanne Marchetta said.
The March 25 TRPA Governing Board meeting is currently scheduled to go forward, the Agency said. Members of the community interested in attending TRPA meetings should stay up-to-date with possible changes at www.trpa.gov.
For up-to-date information and recommendations on COVID-19 in California, visit www.cdph.ca.gov/covid19.
In Nevada, visit the Nevada Department of Public and Behavioral Health page at http://dpbh.nv.gov/coronavirus/.